Battle of the Bands - Finals
Time & Location
About the Event
- Full entry rules and application form
- Entries are free of charge
- Open to all within the 9-19 age range (including schools and colleges within the A10 corridor)
- Band members must be between 9-19 years of age at the date of the final
- Bands can be of any size and play any genre of music
- Original music is preferred but not essential
- Each song should be submitted in the format of MP3 (maximum of 3 songs) to email@example.com
- Length of each song should not exceed 3 minutes 30 seconds
- All entries must be accompanied by the completed application form.
- By entering this competition the band and its members agree to photographs being
- taken by Summer Arts in Buntingford for use with editorial and social media.
- The judges' decisions will be final at all stages of the competition. Finalists will be given feedback.
- Entrants must commit to taking part in the finals on Friday 19th June from 3 pm if they are successful.
- Bands can choose to play the same songs they submitted when entering the competition or alternative materials.
- All entrants must be amateurs and have not performed in a professional capacity.
Last date for entries is Friday 17th April 2020 at 5.00 pm
The judging panel from the Summer Arts in Buntingford Committee will select 10 bands to go through to the live auditions to be held on Sunday 17th May. Venue to be confirmed.
Finalists will be given a slot between 3.00 pm and 4.30 pm on Friday 19th June to perform up to 3 of their chosen songs to the public and the judging panel.
The winner will be announced at 5.30 pm and presented with their prize of a coveted full day recording session in the Music Bunker Recording Studio, Braughing. The recording tracks will then be professionally mixed and mastered for each member of the winning band. Four other winning bands will be chosen to compete on the Friday afternoon and receive £100 per band as a prize.